Wednesday, April 10, 2013

WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LIFE!

Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on  where you want to go.
 I don't care much where -
 Then it doesn't matter which way you go.


So, here we are again at Alice and Wonderland. Which is interesting because it's really not one of my favorites, but man, it's got some good life lessons in it. 

This is a pretty famous one, so hopefully this is mostly just a reminder to all you lovely people out there. Because I'm in college and it's starting to get toward the end of the school year (and because a majority of my friends in my department are seniors) there's been a lot of "future" talk. 

What are you doing this summer?
What are you doing with your life??
Why aren't you married yet???

You get the gist. 

If you don't care where you're going, then it doesn't matter if you major in music or engineering. I'm a big planner. So I have a pretty good idea where I want to go in life. So, to me, I would say - know where you want to go. You don't have to know what exactly you're doing tomorrow or even this summer or next year. But as long as you know where you want to go then that's what's important. 

There's another part to this quote...

 - so long as I go somewhere.
 Oh, you're sure to do that, so long as you walk long enough.

Guess what. You want to go somewhere - that's bound to happen. Don't give up. Just keep walking (just keep swimming, just keep swimming...) and you'll get somewhere. It's up to you where.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment