Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Go exploring already!!

THE WORLD IS HUGE!!!



For real though. I lived in Wyoming during my childhood - my sense of traveling was going to Salt Lake City. 
True fact. 

Disney made me excited to go out and explore because it made me realize how little of the world I had seen. Aladdin, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Sword in the Stone, Mulan, Rescuers Down Under, Pocahontas, Emperor's New Groove - they all happen in different places around the world, technically speaking. That's cool!

Let's face it - Most romantic stories happen in San Fransisco and Seattle and most "THE WORLD'S GONNA END" movies happen in New York, L.A. or Chicago. Which, is cool. Those places are neat and completely different from anywhere that I've lived before. And I'm definitely excited to see them. But there's a lot more to the world than those five cities. There's a lot more to the world than just the United States of America.

Disney's pretty good about moving their stories around geographically. Granted, I can't exactly go around the world expecting Disney's depictions every place I visit. But I can expect to go out and see something different - something completely foreign to my way of life. And it'll still be new and exciting to me - just like a Disney movie was for me when I was little.

So, go exploring. Find something new. We can't all travel to every country or even every continent in the world. But we can go somewhere different. We can experience something new. 

And we can get excited about the world!

That may seem silly or strange. But the world is a pretty amazing place. It deserves to have people be excited about it. For people to realize how cool it is to live on a planet that is so diverse and so exciting. If you can't travel to Russia - read up on it! Read up on the culture, the people, the customs. If you have a dream to make it to Africa - then work towards that dream, because it'll be worth it. Every little bit. 

As for me?

My first stop is Antarctica so I can go sledding with the penguins.

Because why on Earth not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment